Sep 19, 2012

Goldie's Quarters So Far

Well, I'm having way too much fun creating the girliest room I can for my girl. I know what's 'in' for baby rooms right now is simplicity but I just can't! I just can't! :) I want her to share my love of all things color and if I can give her head start, so be it! Plus, I don't really care what's 'in' when it comes down to it.

Anyway, only 8ish weeks left! Can't even believe. I dreamed of being pregnant my whole life and it's coming to an end. Just a reminder to enjoy every second, both the good and the uncomfortable. You know what I think the strangest thing about this pregnancy has been? I have not been emotional AT ALL. I have cried under 5 times in the last 7.5 months...and 3 of them were happy tears looking at an ultrasound or just thinking about how blessed I am to become a mom. Did anyone else experience this? I know that typically pregnant women are supposed to be controlled by emotions and hormones but it just never happened. I'm certainly not complaining! I'm a Virgo and like to stay in control! :)

2 things I'll miss about being pregnant: Fabulous nails and hair that I only have to wash twice a week (I hate clean hair).

Anyway, can't wait till Goldie makes her grand arrival to her room. We already have her sonogram picture in there. Haha. She won't be sleeping in her own room for at least 6 months but I certainly like to be ahead of the game.

I posted some links to where I found some things if you're interested (if I missed something just let me know).


















Rug, Glider, Ottoman, Doll, "Wardrobe", Crib,
Mobile, Hangers, Chandelier,California print


XO, Coury




Follow Fancy things.


Pin It!


26 comments:

  1. HI Coury Cakes! Goldie's paradise looks magnificent! Absolutely your style, full of whimsy and grace! I'm 34.5 wks preggers, and also having a baby girl, and WOAHHHH momma have I been emotional! Like WOAH watch out world. Thanks for sharing your Goldie Sunshine! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous room! congrats! Goldie is one lucky little girl!

    http://lavieenliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove the peach walls! You've done a great job. Such inspiration!

    My jewelry blog: joliejouel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous! I love it - "in" or not. :) I love the open closet for all her darling outfits. What a great idea!!

    xo,
    Morgan
    seemomogo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think this room looks not-simple. It looks put together and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaah I wanna have a mom like you! Goldie must be very lucky <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coury I love it!! Great Job and your sweet girl will love it too!! What a blessed little lady she is to have such a unique and colorful mom! You are already teaching her to be true to her self....down with trends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful room! Love those little red moccasins!

    Theresa
    http://bomamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't have crying fits at all while pregnant either, but I did cry AFTER giving birth. I think that is when you get emotionally heightened and you just burst out for no reasons sometimes. I didn't have any baby blues or anything, but I still would just randomly cry. You may get that too. She does have a dream room prepared for her! How lovely.

    Make sure when you go in labor, afterwards . . .ask for an ice pack to put on down THERE (they make special pad things) and it will feel so heavenly!!! You won't be able to pee too easily for quite sometime after you have Goldie, and when you do it burns from just giving birth, so the pack helps (as well as the witch hazel stuff and spray they might give you. Just telling you because no one told me about it all the first time around.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  10. Courey it's looking simply divine! you have impecable taste.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't believe it's only 8 weeks, how exciting!! The room is incredible, so perfect for a little girl, will be bookmarking this for inspiration in the (very distant!!) future!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her room looks perfect! You did a wonderful job :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. such an adorable little space

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bright wall color. I'm so over the GREY nursery trend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omgosh!!! It's so beautiful....You have such a good taste...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's the name of the paint color?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun room - I absolutely love it!

    I also haven't been at all emotional during my pregnancy... You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, her room is freaking adorable! But of course it's expected when you're doing the decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goldie's room is so cute! I love that you're staying true to your sense of style there. I'm so envious that you get to create her own little space. My son is still bunking in our room at 12 months! Can't wait to move to a bigger apartment.

    I was not emotional at all during my pregnancy. I cried when my grand-father passed away, and once because I wanted to move. I didn't even cry at the birth, which I really, truly thought I would (I think there was a lot to do with the circumstances there). It doesn't mean that I loved meeting my little boy any less than the average mother. I felt an incredible range of emotions. That moment is just so special, natural and unforgettable. Wishing you all the best for that day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my oh my! Love everything! Makes me wish I was having another baby just so I can do a room as cute as this! I'm a Virgo as well, and do like control..haha!

    Clever idea on your "wardrobe" can't believe it's from IKEA!!

    XOXO
    Shels

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such cute things! :') Very adorable! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and sharing a bit of life with me. Follow me on Bloglovin', Twitter, Facebook.